What is Opus RF Plasma?
Opus Plasma is the first fractional plasma technology to enter the skin resurfacing category to address superficial to complex textural and skin quality concerns. This treatment is customizable and can be controlled based on your desired result. This device offers ablative results with non-ablative downtime.
What conditions does Opus Plasma Treat?
- Acne Scars
- Stretch Marks
- Sagging Eyelids
- Age Spots
- Lip Lines
- Crows Feet
- Uneven skin texture
- Scar revision
What is Fractional Plasma Skin Resurfacing?
Skin resurfacing is a non-surgical procedure to repair and renew your skin treating a variety of skin concerns. Fractional skin resurfacing involves creating a pattern of microscopic injuries to the skin stimulating the natural wound healing response leading to the skin to repair itself. Plasma is a new energy source that provides amazing results with much less downtime as compared to CO2 lasers.
To simplify- CO2 laser is good, Fractional CO2 is better and Opus Plasma is the best
How is Opus better than traditional laser skin resurfacing?
When it comes to repairing and renewing aging skin, laser-based technology has been the treatment of choice for decades. Traditional methods, such as CO2 and Fractional CO2 laser renew the skin but at the cost of lengthy downtime. With Opus, we have all the benefits of traditional methods with much less downtime. Clinical studies have shown that Opus Plasma required 50% less downtime!
In terms of treatment time, Opus is superior because it takes 15 minutes to perform as opposed to 1 hour.
Opus Plasma removes a small fraction of the skin which stimulates the surrounding skin to repair itself using of kind Plasma technology that precisely controls the energy to the tissue contact time, minimizing unwanted inflammation that often leads to a longer recovery.
RF Skin Resurfacing Reviews
What is the treatment with Opus Plasma Like?
Prior to the treatment, we will discuss your skin goals and personalize your treatment plan. We then apply a topical numbing medication follow by the Opus Plasma. The Opus Plasma treatment is a quick, 15-minute treatment that involves rolling a handheld applicator to your skin creating the micro-injuries.
What is the recovery/ healing process from Opus Plasma?
Your recovery depends on your skin goals and settings used. When using moderate settings patients experience 24-48 hours of mild to moderate redness and swelling that won’t interfere with your daily activities.
It is Normal to have:
- Redness and a sunburn feeling for 2 hours up to 2 days
- A pale to dark brown pixel pattern and leathery feeling on days 3-5 with flaking
- swelling in areas treated aggressively through day 5
Full Recovery is typically 5-7 days without Exosome treatment but much shorter with them
Can I use Opus with Dark Skin?
What is the After Care with Opus?
After Care for the Opus is broken down into the First 7 days and After 7 Days
- First 7 Days
- Discontinue Tretinoin Products
- Only Clean, moisturize and use sunscreen
- After Day 7
- You can microderm or use an aggressive exfoliator or micro-peel. Make-up can be applied to minimize pixel appearance.
- Day 10- If you were prescribed Hydroquinone, start using nightly
- Its ok to get a neuromodilator like botox or Xeomin. If you get a repeat Opus treatment, wait 2 weeks after injection.
- You may repeat an Opus Treatment in 3-4 weeks, only on healed skin
OPUS RF Plasma in Research
Published in the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- 33 Asian patients with atrophic acne scars
- Comparing fractional CO2 vs fractional plasma
- Study results:
- Equivalent results
- 50% less downtime
- No Fractional Plasma had Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmenation
- Fractional CO2 Patients- 12 developed Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmenation
- Opus Fractional Plasma is Superior with less time and is safer than Fractional CO2 Lasers with Similar Results