About Medical Weight Loss
Do you feel like you’ve tried every diet and exercise plan to lose weight with no results? Dr. Robert Milanes, MD, at Luminary MD in Irvine, California, can assist you in forming a personalized medical weight-loss plan that’s sure to help you drop the weight and keep it off permanently.
Dr. Milanes supervises you as you take part in your medical weight-loss plan to ensure you are getting the most out of it. If you’re looking for a weight-loss plan that works, call or schedule an appointment online at Luminary MD to learn more about medical weight loss.
What is medical weight loss?
Medical weight loss is a method of losing weight supervised by a physician. At Luminary MD, Dr. Milanes assesses your lifestyle, goals, and overall health to form a personalized weight-loss plan for you that may involve a fitness plan, diet, medications, and supplements.
Medical weight loss is more effective than simply following a fad diet because it aims for long-term effectiveness. Not only do you lose the weight, but you’re also unlikely to gain it back.
Medical Weight Loss Reviews
What may be included in my weight loss plan?
Medical weight-loss plans involve several different methods that work together to help you lose weight permanently. Your medical weight-loss plan may involve:
There are several types of medications that can assist you in losing weight. Dr. Milanes may prescribe you an appetite suppressant, a medication to control any medical cause of your weight, or other medication to target a cause of your weight.
**Monthly Programs Available**
- Phentermine: Stimulant, Suppress Appetitie
- QSYMIA-PHENTERMINE AND TOPIRAMATE: For patients with a body mass index of 30 or greater in the presence of at least one weight-related medical condition. Lose weight 3 times faster by controlling your appetite and cravings.
- CONTRAVE- NALTREXONE HCI/BUPROPION HCL: This medication also helps appetite and craving control.
- BELVIQ- LORCASERIN: Taken once or twice a day to help you feel fuller sooner.
Dr. Milanes may recommend supplements to ensure you're getting all of the necessary nutrients. They can also help to speed your metabolism so you get the most out of your prescribed diet.
ProLon is a plant-based diet program that lasts for five days. It mimics fasting and promotes cell health while allowing you to continue eating and getting the necessary nutrients. You're likely to drop a few pounds after the five days of eating ProLon meals.
- METHIONINE AND INOSITOL: Helps the liver remove fat
- CHOLINE: Distributes cholesterol and prevents it from getting deposited in one part of the body
- CYANOCOBALAMIN -VITAMIN B12: This vitamin has many benefits including increased energy and increasing your metabolic rate by burning stored body fat. Also regulates sleep, mood, & appetite.
- L-CARNITINE: Carnitine is an amino acid which is required for the transport and breakdown of body fat for the generation of metabolic energy and fatigue reduction. Helps decrease fat while preserving muscle during exercise.
Is Medical Weight Loss Safe?
While many weight-loss plans aren’t safe for everyone, medical weight loss has the added benefit of being formed and supervised by a doctor.
Before creating your treatment plan, Dr. Milanes takes your medical history and assesses your goals for the program. If he finds you aren’t getting results, he changes your plan accordingly.
Medical weight loss is intended for patients who have a high BMI: those with a BMI of 30 or higher benefit the most. However, anyone who wants long-term weight control can benefit from taking part in a medical weight-loss program.